Latest Boating Stories
The calendar says it's Spring, but due to cooler than normal temperatures, the water is very cold. Madison, Wisconsin (PRWEB) April 17, 2013 Cold weather safety for paddlers must be more than an afterthought. Dressing for cold water is paramount. "A prepared paddler is going to be dressing for the temperature of the water, not the air temperature," said Darren Bush, owner of Rutabaga Paddlesports. "Water can pull heat away from your body 25 times faster than air of the same temperature....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.