Latest Bodega Head Stories
By Bob Ehlert, The Sacramento Bee, Calif. Jul. 10--Everybody wants to flee the smaze (smoky haze), get out and enjoy the summer air. But it seems like, lately, no matter which direction you turn, smoke or very high temperatures have proved to be outdoor obstacles. But maybe this is the weekend to take your chances and head west to Sonoma County's Bodega Bay for camping or coast walking. The busy Fourth of July holiday is over. Heading west from Petaluma to the coast, it's likely to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.