Latest Bodega Head Stories
By Bob Ehlert, The Sacramento Bee, Calif. Jul. 10--Everybody wants to flee the smaze (smoky haze), get out and enjoy the summer air. But it seems like, lately, no matter which direction you turn, smoke or very high temperatures have proved to be outdoor obstacles. But maybe this is the weekend to take your chances and head west to Sonoma County's Bodega Bay for camping or coast walking. The busy Fourth of July holiday is over. Heading west from Petaluma to the coast, it's likely to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.