Latest Bodhi Tree Stories
TAIPEI (Reuters) - A sapling from a Sri Lankan bodhi tree deeply revered by Buddhists has at last made it into Taiwan after being rejected by quarantine authorities for fear of parasites. The sapling from the Jaya Siri Maha Bodhi, believed to be descended from the bodhi tree under which Buddha attained enlightenment, was detained at customs due to regulations forbidding imports of Sri Lanka bodhi trees with roots. Taiwan's Ling Jiou Mountain Buddhist Society, which received the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.