Latest Boise County, Idaho Stories
By Pete Zimowsky, The Idaho Statesman, Boise Jul. 17--Ever wonder where the money generated by the registration fees for your outdoor toys ends up? The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation has approved $6.8 million in grants to fund recreation projects statewide. The projects include a variety of improvements -- from boat docks at Lucky Peak Reservoir to new toilets near Sagehen Reservoir. Each year the state agency awards grants from several programs for development and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.