Brick Reference Libraries
Firmware is a term commonly used to represent the small fixed programs and data structures that internally control various electronic devices. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standard Glossary of Software Engineering Terminology defines firmware as "The combination of a hardware device and computer instructions and data that reside as read-only software on that device."...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.