Latest Bright Lights, Big City Stories
Hollywood's Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures says Josh Schwartz is writing and will direct a feature based on Jay McInerney's novel Bright Lights, Big City. The announcement was made Wednesday by Mary Parent, chairman of the Worldwide Motion Picture Group, MGM. City is about a young magazine editor from Kansas who struggles with love and success in the wilds of the New York City. Previously adapted as a Michael J. Fox-starring film in 1988, it is undecided if the new adaptation will retain the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.