Latest British Beekeepers Association Stories
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online 2012 delivered some harsh weather in England. A long and wet summer was followed by a very cold and unpredictable winter that lasted into the start of spring. Such shaky weather conditions are now being blamed for a massive loss of honey bee colonies in the area. According to the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA), one-third of all the bee colonies in England have been lost – more than double the amount of colonies...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.