Broccoli Reference Libraries
Brassica oleracea is indigenous to the coastal areas of southern and western Europe and is often referred to as Wild Mustard. It is tolerant of salt and lime in the soil of its native lands. The plant grows tall and blooms biennially. Large sturdy leaves act as water storage. Once the plant is two years old a tall stem measuring 3 - 7 feet in height grows bearing a cluster of yellow...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.