Latest Brookesia Stories
Researchers have discovered four new species of miniature lizards in Madagascar, including one so small it can easily perch on the tip of your finger or on a match head, report scientists in the upcoming Wednesday issue of the open access journal PLoS ONE. Brookesia micra, the tiniest chameleon ever discovered, grows to just about an inch (30 mm) long from nose to tail. All four species discovered belong to the genus Brookesia, known as leaf chameleons, which already contains some very...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.