Latest Bruno Van Wonterghem Stories
A giant laser -- the size of three football fields -- is being used by scientists at a government lab in California to possibly set off a nuclear reaction so intense that it will make a star bloom on the surface of the Earth, according to a recent CNN report. The scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory want to create a sun on the ground that seems like a science fiction fantasy straight from Hollywood. But the experiment is for real, and the National Ignition Facility will...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.