Latest Bryan Webb Stories
By Sally Williams A WELSH chef who sidestepped a job down the mines in the Valleys to open an award winning restaurant-with-rooms has written a cook book to show foodie wannabes how it can be done. Bryan Webb was brought up in Crumlin where his late father Bernard was a mines rescue manager whose operations included the 1966 Aberfan tragedy. "There were three coal mines in our village and I knew mining was dangerous so at 14 years old I realised I wanted to be a chef not a miner," said...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.