Butler Reference Libraries
The Butler’s Frogfish (Tathicarpus butleri), known also as the blackspot anglerfish, is a rare species of frogfish belonging to the family Antennariidae. The only member of its genus, this species is the most derived member of its family, representing a separate lineage from all other frogfishes, leading to some consideration of it being placed in its own family. It can be found off the...
Symbol: BEHO Group: Dicot Family: Betulaceae Duration: Perennial Growth Habit: Tree Shrub Native Status: AK N CAN N Synonyms: BEUN Betula ×ungavensis Lepage Distribution: Betula×horneiButler (pro sp.) [nana × papyrifera] distribution:USA(AK),CAN(SK) Classification: Kingdom Plantae – Plants...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.