Button spider Reference Libraries
The European Black Widow or Mediterranean Black Widow (Latrodectus tredecimguttatus) is a species of arachnid commonly found throughout the Mediterranean region. It ranges from Spain to southeast Asia. Other common names for this spider are malmignatte spider, karakurt, and steppe spider. Many believe this is the same species of spider that plagued farmers from Taranto for many years. Many also...
The Brown Widow (Latrodectus geometricus), also known as the Brown Button Spider, Geometric Button Spider, or Gray Widow, is a species of arachnid that is related to the famous Black Widow Spider. The Brown Widow is found in the northern and southern United States. States include Florida, Alabama, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. It is also...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.