Latest Cachexia Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online A study may be paving the way for finding ways to prevent muscle loss, obesity and diabetes. Researchers from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) found that by inhibiting a particular molecule produced naturally in the body, muscle loss due to aging or illness can be prevented. By blocking this same molecule, it triggers the body to go into a "fat-burning mode" which will fight obesity, and also treat the most common form of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.