Latest Caecilians of the Western Ghats Stories
Brett Smith for Redorbit.com A joint team of UK and Indian scientists have announced the discovery of a new species of worm-like amphibian living near Kerala, India. Scientists from the University of Kerala and Natural History Museum in London found the species while digging in the moist soil of a shrub-lined mountain stream after a monsoon, according to the study published in Zootaxa. The animal, named Gegeneophis primus, measured about six-and-a-half inches and was found in the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.