Latest Caligula Stories
NEW YORK, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Penthouse Magazine has named its 8(th) Annual 'Dirty Dozen' a/k/a Double D - Awards this year, giving "props" to the mainstream films in 2013 that put the heat in our pants... and a blast to those that left us cold. http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnvar/20140211/FL63238LOGO The venerable and iconic magazine has always championed cinematic carnal efforts, but with so many movies - from small independents to blockbusters - pushing the sexual...
British actor Malcolm McDowell was honored with a lifetime achievement award at the 11th annual Savannah Film Festival, organizers said Monday. McDowell's movies include "If ...,""A Clockwork Orange,""Time After Time,""Caligula,""Star Trek: Generations,""The Company,""I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" and "Red Roses and Petrol." Planners of the film festival, which was presented by the Savannah College of Art and Design, said McDowell was awarded the prize Sunday for his outstanding contribution...
The British Board of Film Classification is having a perplexing summer. After delighting Warner Bros, but surprising most film- goers, by awarding Batman a 12A certificate, it has now decided to allow the release of an uncut version on DVD of a seventies cause celbre, Caligula. With Batman it decided that the violence was in the main off- screen, never mind that it was described on screen in graphic detail for the 12-year-olds. In the case of Caligula, it has decided that the film is of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.