Camptosaurus Reference Libraries
Othnielosaurus is a genus of ornithiscian dinosaur from the Late Jurassic Period (155 to 148 million years ago). It lived in what is now the western United States. It was formerly assigned to the genus Laosaurus. It is now named in honor of famed paleontologist Othniel Charles Marsh. This genus was coined to contain the fossils formerly included in Othnielia, which is based on remains that...
Camptosaurus, meaning "bent lizard", is a genus of beaked dinosaur from the Late Jurassic and Early Cretaceous Periods. The term "˜bent lizard' is derived from the arch of its body when standing on all fours. It was originally described by O.C. Marsh in 1879 as Camptonotus, "bent back", but was renamed in 1885 because the original name was already used for a cricket. Although Marsh discovered...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.