Latest Campus Internet Access Stories
Government officials are handing out $9 million to help schools extend wireless Internet off campus. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will announce 20 pilot projects on Wednesday that will receive government funding to pay for wireless broadband connections for laptops, smartphones and other mobile devices. The program is intended to give students Internet access for homework assignments, study guides, digital textbooks and other educational resources outside of regular school...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.