Latest Canadian films Stories
OTTAWA, May 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Canada Post issued five new commemorative stamps today celebrating the 75(th) anniversary of the National Film Board of Canada (NFB). Since 1939, the agency has been bringing Canadian stories to life on film to the delight of generations of Canadians. The NFB has created more than 13,000 productions and won more than 5,000 awards, including 12 Oscars and 90 Genies. The new stamps feature five favourites - Flamenco at 5:15 (1983), The Railrodder (1965), Mon...
PALM SPRINGS, Calif., Dec. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Palm Springs International Film Festival has announced that Telefilm Canada will once again partner with the Festival as the sponsor of this year's special Canadian Cinema showcase, "Focus on Canada" at the 25(th) annual edition of the event. Telefilm Canada, the government cultural agency devoted to the development and promotion of the Canadian audiovisual industry, will host a day devoted to celebrating the creative strength and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.