The Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) is a peer-reviewed medical journal published by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). The journal’s establishment likely would not have been without the foresight of Andrew Macphail, chair of the history of medicine at McGill University and editor of the Montreal Medical Journal. At the 1907 annual meeting, he argued that “without a journal to express its views and record its proceedings the association would have little impact.” With...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.