Latest Canadian Museum of Civilization Stories
GATINEAU, QC, June 9, 2014 /CNW/ - On the occasion of his 80th birthday, the Canadian Museum of History is honouring architect Douglas Cardinal -- the designer of its iconic and celebrated buildings -- by renaming one of its principal event and meeting rooms the Douglas J. Cardinal Salon. This year marks the 25(th) anniversary of the Museum's two adjoining buildings. Upon opening, they received immediate international acclaim for their innovative and elegant design, inspired in...
GATINEAU, QC, May 16, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Contrary to what was reported by The Canadian Press today, all of the exhibitions and programs commemorating the First and Second World Wars are taking place at the Canadian War Museum and not the Canadian Museum of History. The Canadian War Museum is Canada's national museum of military history. The War of 1812, the First World War and the Second World War were defining moments in the history of our country. It is the Canadian War Museum's...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.