Latest Cancer treatments Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online A research team from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania used a novel cell therapy to reprogram the immune cells of two leukemia patients, resulting in a complete remission of the disease and a total lack of evidence of cancer cells in their bodies. The treatment, which is described in a study that is currently available online and will appear in the April 18 print edition of the New England...
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital plays key role in research showing that drug shortages erode the quality and increase the cost of cancer care; experts warn that shortages persist despite efforts to fix the problem A national survey of health professionals showed that drug shortages are taking a heavy toll on cancer patients, forcing treatment changes and delays that for some patients meant worse outcomes, more therapy-related complications and higher costs. St. Jude Children's...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
More Images (3 images) »