Latest Candyce H. Kroenke Stories
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online A new study from health insurance provider Kaiser Permanente has found that laughter, when shared with friends, really is the best medicine. According to the firm's research, breast cancer patients who have “positive social interactions” amongst friends are better equipped to endure the pain and other physical symptoms associated with the disease. Women with the largest social networks and the highest amount of...
By Charnicia E. Huggins NEW YORK -- Women who have few close friends or family members at the time of a breast cancer diagnosis are more likely to die from breast cancer than those who are more socially integrated, according to study findings. "Social connections matter for BC (breast cancer) survival," study author Dr. Candyce H. Kroenke, of the University of California, Berkeley and San Francisco, told Reuters Health. "Among women with breast cancer, social isolation may serve to limit...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.