Latest Cape York Peninsula Stories
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center NASA's Aqua satellite documented the formation of Tropical Storm Oswald in the Gulf of Carpentaria on Jan. 21 and the landfall on Jan. 22 in the southwestern Cape York Peninsula of Queenstown, Australia. Oswald has since become remnant low pressure area over land. Tropical Storm Oswald was hugging the southwestern coast of the Cape York Peninsula, Queensland, Australia when NASA's Aqua satellite first flew overhead on Jan. 21 at 0430 UTC (Jan. 20 at...
The Common Spotted Cuscus (Spilocuscus maculatus), is a marsupial that lives in the Cape York Peninsula region of Australia and New Guinea. It is also known as the Phalanger and, like all cuscuses, it is related to the possum family Phalangeridae. The cuscus is about 20-40 inches long and weighs 3-9 pounds. The female is a creamy color and the male ranges from gray to rust-colored, often with contrasting splotches. It has a long, prehensile tail and lives in trees. This cuscus is a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.