Quantcast
Last updated on April 24, 2014 at 17:35 EDT

Latest Carbon monoxide poisoning Stories

2013-03-06 12:21:24

HARRISBURG, Pa., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With some areas of Pennsylvania in the crosshairs of a potentially major winter storm, the Department of Health is reminding residents to follow common-sense safety tips to help keep themselves and their loved ones safe. "This latest winter storm is expected to hit some areas of Pennsylvania hard, with heavy, wet snow and strong winds," Acting Secretary of Health Michael Wolf said. "These conditions can result in serious health...

2013-02-25 12:25:01

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claims Hundreds of Lives Each Year, More than 15,000 Visit ERs WASHINGTON, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Emergency physicians see the tragic consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning each year, especially during the winter months when people begin using heating devices and stoves to keep warm or use portable generators without proper ventilation. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100616/DC22034LOGO-d ) "This colorless, odorless...

2013-02-10 23:00:55

Water damage and flooding can have a number of aftereffects, including carbon monoxide dangers. A water restoration professional offers tips on avoiding this problem. Cleveland OH (PRWEB) February 10, 2013 Restoration Local, one of the leading providers of water restoration and repair in the United States, is offering tips to property owners on the prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning following water damage events. Flooding and other related damage often means power outages, which means...

2013-01-22 20:21:10

SAN DIEGO, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbon monoxide (CO) is called the 'Silent Killer' - it's odorless, colorless and tasteless, and is the #1 cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America. Carbon monoxide poisoning during power outages caused by Hurricane Sandy is being blamed for 12 deaths across New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. In one accident that claimed the life of a 59 year old Trenton, NJ woman, the generator was left running overnight in the basement and...

2013-01-12 00:20:10

SAN DIEGO, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As temperatures drop, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) is reminding its customers about important safety tips to reduce the risk of CO poisoning. Symptoms of CO poisoning can include nausea, headaches, paralysis and even death. SDG&E wants its customers to remember the following tips to help prevent CO poisoning: Never use a gas oven, portable barbeque or range for space heating. Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur as a result of a...

2013-01-11 20:20:41

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As temperatures drop and residents look for ways to heat their homes, the risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning increases. This why Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) and the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) are reminding the public about important safety tips to reduce the risk of CO exposure. CO poisoning can occur as a result of a poorly ventilated heater or a CO leak from another source. Symptoms can include nausea,...

2012-11-29 16:24:33

AMSTERDAM, NEW YORK and IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Saint Mary's Healthcare, the first hospital in New York State to achieve the "Pathway to Excellence" Designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) today jointly announce that Saint Mary's has standardized to Masimo SET(®) Measure-Through Motion and Low Perfusion pulse oximetry, the standard-of-care at leading hospitals worldwide. Standardizing to Masimo SET(®) allows...

2012-11-27 08:28:22

MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As the heating season begins, owners of multi-family homes in California have an added reason to make sure carbon monoxide (CO) detectors are installed in their properties: the Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act, which requires multi-family homes to install carbon monoxide detectors within the home by January 1, 2013. A recent study found that in California only one in ten homes have CO detectors and nationally, only 34 percent of homes have...

2012-11-19 12:22:54

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As preparations begin for the holiday season, Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) is reminding its customers of important safety tips to keep friends and loved ones safe during the holidays and year-round. Customers should be vigilant and question anyone who presents themselves as a representative of SoCalGas. The following tips can help you protect your home from utility-worker imposters: All SoCalGas employees carry proper photo...

2012-11-02 15:21:20

HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvanians who are still experiencing power outages after Hurricane Sandy are encouraged to take simple steps to keep themselves and their loved ones safe until electricity is restored. "Although the storm itself has passed, there are still serious dangers associated with its aftermath, especially for people without electricity or heat," Acting Secretary of Health Michael Wolf said. "Two of the biggest hazards are carbon monoxide...