Quantcast

Latest Carbon monoxide poisoning Stories

2011-05-09 12:01:00

STAMFORD, Conn., May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- You can't see it, smell it, or taste it. Yet being able to detect its presence in your home can literally mean the difference between life and death. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a deadly, colorless, odorless, poisonous gas produced whenever gas, charcoal, wood or oil is burned. High levels of the gas can kill you in minutes and each year hundreds of people die from accidental CO poisoning. MXenergy, one of the nation's leading independent energy...

2011-04-28 13:22:00

IRVINE, Calif., April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Masimo Corporation (NASDAQ: MASI) announced today the availability of new, enhanced versions of its reusable, noninvasive carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO) sensors--with improved accuracy and reliability performance for patients with low oxygen saturation (SpO2) between 90% and 95% and elevated methemoglobin (SpMet®) between 0% and 2%. Low SpO2 and elevated SpMet states are known physiological factors that compromise SpCO accuracy...

2011-04-21 10:00:00

IRVINE, Calif., April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) announced today that a new study published in this month's issue of the peer-reviewed journal, Annals of Emergency Medicine, demonstrates that noninvasive Masimo carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO®) measurements provide an "effective means for screening at-risk populations for CO poisoning" with "acceptable bias and precision" compared to invasive blood gas analysis. The prospective diagnostic accuracy study is...

2011-03-30 14:23:00

MEBANE, N.C., March 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- While brighter, warmer days are on the horizon, the risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning still looms in Oregon homes. Even after gas furnaces and fireplaces are retired for the summer months, other natural gas-powered appliances such as water heaters, clothes dryers, stoves and ovens continue to serve as a source of carbon monoxide. Kidde, the leading manufacturer of fire safety products, urges all Oregon homeowners to take action as part of...

2011-03-01 08:13:00

MEBANE, N.C., March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- One year after New York's carbon monoxide (CO) alarm legislation - "Amanda's Law"-- went into effect, a new survey on behalf of Kidde, the leading manufacturer of fire and CO safety products, found that nearly half of New York families remain unaware of the law. Kidde is part of UTC Fire & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX). The survey, conducted in January by DecisionAnalyst, revealed that more than half (57%)...

2010-12-15 09:35:00

Colorless, Odorless Killer Claims Hundreds of Lives Each Year, More than 20,000 Visit ERs WASHINGTON, Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Emergency physicians see the tragic consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning each year, especially during the winter months when people begin using heating devices and stoves to keep warm. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100616/DC22034LOGO-d) "This colorless, odorless gas is deadly if you don't take precautionary steps or notice...

2010-12-02 07:00:00

IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Masimo (Nasdaq: MASI), the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), jointly announced today the launch of "The Silent Killer" educational campaign aimed at raising awareness of the duty-related dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and reducing the known risk factors that unnecessarily kill or injure fire fighters each year. This important new health and safety campaign...

2010-09-30 07:10:00

WASHINGTON, Sept. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Proper placement of a carbon monoxide (CO) detector is important, reminds the makers of home-safety and security website HomeSafe.com (http://www.homesafe.com/coalert). Each fall the sad news of another family that has one or more of its family members perish in their sleep from carbon monoxide poisoning repeats itself. The real tragedy is that these deaths can be prevented if the family had the chimney checked and/or installed carbon monoxide...

2010-09-08 10:03:00

WASHINGTON, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by CPSC Blogger: (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20030904/USCSCLOGO ) (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030904/USCSCLOGO) Calling all middle schoolers! CPSC is hosting a poster contest on carbon monoxide safety. Carbon monoxide is called the "invisible killer." That's because it's a gas that you can't see or smell and it can kill its victims quickly. It gets into homes from: Running a...


Word of the Day
snash
  • To talk saucily.
  • Insolent, opprobrious language; impertinent abuse.
This word is Scots in origin and probably imitative.