Quantcast
Last updated on April 16, 2014 at 17:34 EDT

Latest Carbon monoxide Stories

2011-11-14 09:00:00

HONG KONG, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Is your home safe? Believe it or not, the leading cause for a trip to the emergency room is an unintentional home accident or injury. In fact, according to the Home Safety Council, the leading causes of unintentional home injury and death in the United States are falls, poisoning, fire/burns, and drowning. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101229/CN22302LOGO) Luckily, DealExtreme is making it easier to protect yourself and your...

2011-11-13 08:00:00

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious threat to homeowners during the winter months, but there are steps that local residents can take in order to lower their risk. Burlington, NC (PRWEB) November 13, 2011 The local team at the Harper Agency knows that winter can be a stressful time for homeowners. Severe storms, home heating mishaps and slippery, icy conditions can all lead to claims on NC homeowners insurance policies, but thatâs why they are there to provide financial...

2011-10-26 07:00:00

The presence of colorless, odorless Carbon Monoxide in the home or office is a serious threat that can cause serious illness and even death. CO poisoning can be avoided by following a few simple steps from All Hands Fire Equipment. Neptune, NJ (PRWEB) October 26, 2011 Carbon Monoxide (CO) is invisible, has no smell, and can be deadly. Carbon Monoxide Detectors have grown in popularity in recent years and are responsible for saving countless lives worldwide. It is estimated that each year...

2011-10-24 08:47:00

JACKSON, Mich., Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The deaths last week of a Corunna couple vacationing at their cottage in the Upper Peninsula because of suspected carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a tragic reminder of the importance of the dangers of exposure to this toxic gas. To help increase awareness of CO, its signs, symptoms and how to prevent it, Consumers Energy and Governor Rick Snyder have partnered to declare October 24-30 as Carbon Monoxide Safety and Awareness Week in Michigan....

2011-10-08 16:00:00

Amica Insurance reminds people that National Fire Prevention week is a good time to brush up on fire safety. Lincoln, RI (PRWEB) October 08, 2011 House fires kill thousands of people and cause billions of dollars worth of damage each year. Thatâs why Amica Insurance supports National Fire Prevention Week and is urging homeowners to take steps now to protect their homes and families. âœSmoke detectors are a top priority,â said Sean Welch, a...

2011-09-26 07:00:00

A new bill signed into law by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on May 7, 2010 requires all dwellings in the state of California to currently be equipped with carbon monoxide (CO) detectors. All-Guardâs professionally installed state-of-the-art carbon monoxide detectors from Honeywell, First Alert and System Sensor, are monitored 24/7. Hayward, CA (PRWEB) September 26, 2011 All dwellings in the state of California are now required to be equipped with carbon monoxide (CO)...

2011-09-20 13:35:31

Scientists have discovered how living organisms — including humans — avoid poisoning from carbon monoxide generated by natural cell processes. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that can prove fatal at high concentrations; the gas is most commonly associated with faulty domestic heating systems and car fumes, and is often referred to as 'the silent killer'. But carbon monoxide — chemical symbol CO — is also produced within our bodies through the normal activity of...

2011-08-31 06:30:00

OWINGS MILLS, Md., Aug. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Security Instruments, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: UUU) (Universal) announced today the introduction of two revolutionary plug-in alarms which use a single sensor to detect the presence of both carbon monoxide and natural gas (methane). These models are designed to satisfy the requirements of the Canadian market place and will be introduced by a major Canadian retailer in time to take advantage of this year's peak selling season for Carbon...

2011-08-26 12:45:00

CPSC and USFA Warn About Deadly Dangers That Can Linger After Hurricane Irene Passes WASHINGTON, Aug. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) are warning residents in hurricane-impacted areas about the deadly dangers that can remain even after Hurricane Irene strikes. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20030904/USCSCLOGO) Consumers need to be especially careful during a loss of electrical power, as...

2011-08-24 10:20:00

MEBANE, N.C., Aug. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- WHAT: As the East Coast braces for the arrival of Hurricane Irene, consumers are heading to home improvement stores to stock up on supplies, such as portable generators. With power outages likely during the aftermath of the hurricane, it's important to operate portable generators properly to protect your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide. (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110623/NE25245 ) The same was true in 2003 - the...