Latest Carlos Grijalva Stories
According to a new report, fewer U.S. patients are receiving inappropriate antibiotics for coughs, colds, and ear infections. The trend may be due to new respiratory vaccines such as Wyeth's Prevnar, or new doctor guidelines says Dr. Carlos Grijalva of Vanderbilt University who led the team of researchers. The team found that prescriptions for acute respiratory infections such as colds, flu, and ear infections fell by one-third between 1995 and 2006. Doctor visits for the infections also...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.