Latest Carmichael Man Stories
By Ramon Coronado, The Sacramento Bee, Calif. Jul. 31--After more than four years of fighting government agencies and his neighbors, Don Langley has been defeated -- and the Carmichael Creek Neighborhood Preservation Ordinance has prevailed. "I've lost," he said. "I'm not bitter. It's part of life." Langley's long-standing battle ended earlier this month when Sacramento County supervisors accepted a drastically slashed version of plans to subdivide his three acres of property. From...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.