Latest Castles Stories
World in brief TOKYO A bald, naked man who said he was a British tourist was arrested yesterday after going swimming in the moat of Japan's Imperial Palace. He was eventually caught after a 90-minute chase that saw him climb the 8 metre-high palace wall, throw rocks and splash water at police. "I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing," a man at the scene told TV Tokyo. "He must be a bit crazy." Police said it was unclear what the man's motives were, although he had apparently...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.