Latest Caye Caulker Stories
Using data collected from over 200 baited remote underwater video (BRUV) cameras, scientists have discovered that Caribbean reef sharks are more abundant in marine reserves than in areas where fishing is allowed. The BRUV cameras, affectionately dubbed "chum cams," were placed both inside and outside aquatic reserve areas on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef in the Caribbean Sea by researchers from the Stony Brook University Institute for Ocean Conservation Science. Their goal was to test a...
BELIZE CITY, Belize, Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- As of 10:00 a.m. MST on Monday, October 25, 2010, the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) is reporting all key tourism destinations are in good shape following the passing of Hurricane Richard. The eye of Hurricane Richard reportedly made landfall around 7:45 pm MST on Sunday along the coast of Belize, roughly 20 miles south-southwest of Belize City. According to the National Hurricane Center in Miami, maximum sustained winds at landfall were estimated...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.