Latest Cedric Griffiths Stories
CSIRO scientists have produced the first preliminary predictions of the potential impact of climate change on the Australian seabed. The results of the five-year study predict potential high-risk areas due to seabed movement, erosion and changes in reef growth. According to CSIRO Wealth from Oceans Flagship project leader Dr Cedric Griffiths, the interaction between the ocean and the seabed is poorly understood. "We have more information about the surfaces of the Moon and Mars than we do...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.