Latest Center for Devices and Radiological Health Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is pushing for stricter warning labels on tanning beds — labels which would recommend that such devices not be used by anyone under the age of 18. According to Liz Szabo of USA Today, sunlamp products that emit ultraviolet radiation are currently regulated as class 1 devices, putting them in the same “low-risk” category as adhesive bandages and tongue depressors. Class...
Connie K. Ho for RedOrbit.com The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently announced a proposal to encourage X-ray manufacturers to consider children´s safety in the development of new imaging devices. The FDA is recommending that manufacturers who create new X-ray imaging devices include protocols and instructions for use on pediatric patients. The draft proposal by the FDA also advocates that companies who cannot demonstrate safe and effective use of the X-ray imaging...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.