Latest Centrophorus Stories
In an attempt to help conservation of marine animals and aid in climate change monitoring, scientists using DNA have catalogued and described 100 new species of sharks and rays in Australian waters. More than 90 of the newly named species were identified by scientists in a 1994 book "Sharks and Rays of Australia" but remained scientifically undescribed. One rare species of carpet shark catalogued was found in the belly of another shark. A revised 2009 edition of the book by Australia's peak...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.