Latest Chabot Space and Science Center Stories
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Chabot Astronomers are tracking the latest supernova about 12 million light years away. Identified as "2014J," a Type 1A supernova, the phenomenon is occurring in Messier-82 (M82), also known as the Cigar Galaxy. Supernovae occur when a star explodes emitting a massive amount of energy in a short span of time; the star literally collapses under its own gravity. 2014J actually exploded about 12 million...
A weekend of film presentations and cinema education workshops OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Chabot Space & Science Center has partnered with The Bay Area International Children's Film Festival (BAICFF) to screen cinematic pieces and host engaging film education workshops specifically for the young and the young at heart. The two-day family film festival runs Saturday, January 25(th) through Sunday, January 26(th). Toted as a festival where "education...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.