Latest Chapala, Jalisco Stories
BALTIMORE, Sept. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Walt and Jean Smith start their mornings with coffee on the terrace. Sometimes they spy a school of playful dolphins jumping the waves. Usually, though, they watch the town awaken. Women pull tarps off small beach shacks where they'll soon start grilling the 'catch of the day.' Young men joke and chat with each other before they head off in separate directions to sell their colorful wares and silver jewelry. Later in the day, the Smiths may walk down to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.