Latest Charla Nash Stories
A Connecticut woman who was mauled more than two years ago has received a new face, the third full face transplant to be performed in the United States. Charla Nash, 57, was attacked by a friend's 200-pound chimpanzee in February 2009. Travis the chimpanzee went berserk and ripped off Nash's hands, nose, lips and eyelids before police shot and killed it. The mauling left Nash blind and she has only been able to take in pureed food through the small opening that was left of what used to be her...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.