Latest Charles Lafon Stories
A researcher from Texas A&M University had published research showing how tree rings can provide clues to events such as forest fires, some of which might date back hundreds of years. According to a September 7 press release from the College Station university, Associate Geography Professor Charles Lafon has worked with forests in the southern and central Appalachian Mountains. In fact, he states that he had identified one tree which allegedly had experienced more than a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.