Latest Charles Robert Darwin Stories
By Michael Ruse TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - I want to talk about Darwinism - the theory of evolution of the 19th-century English naturalist Charles Robert Darwin. Before you start to groan and say that you don't think you could read another thing on the science-and-religion clash and on why Intelligent Design should or should not be taught in schools, let me assure you that that is not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about Darwin's theory itself - first introduced to the world,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.