Latest Charlotte Pass, New South Wales Stories
Australian citizens used to summer temperatures in the mid-80s this time of the year have been surprised by gusty winds and nearly a foot worth of Christmastime snows. According to early morning AFP reports, residents in the eastern states of New South Wales and Victoria received four inches of snowfall. However, Bonnie Malkin of the Telegraph states that the snowfall is actually as much as 11 inches in some areas of New South Wales, and that temperatures in some areas have dipped to 39.2...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.