Latest Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest Stories
ATLANTA, Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Georgia Power has announced two new and two continuing grants to conservation and natural resource agencies through the Power of Flight partnership program to protect birds in Georgia through habitat and species restoration and environmental education. The grants are part of Southern Company's partnership with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation. Two new grants were awarded under Power of Flight: National Wild Turkey Federation - to...
The Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest located in northern Georgia comprises two United States National Forests, the Oconee National Forest and Chattahoochee National Forest. The combined total area of the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest is 866,468 acres, of which the Chattahoochee National Forest makes up 750,145 acres and the Oconee National forest makes up 116,232 acres. The county with the largest section of the forest is Rabun County, Georgia, which as 148,684 acres within its...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.