chemical reactions Reference Libraries
Chemistry is a physical science concerned with the composition, structure, and properties of matter. It also deals with the changes that matter undergoes during chemical reactions. It incorporates the studies of various atoms, molecules, crystals and other aggregates which can be combined or isolated and concepts of energy and entropy through which chemical processes occur. Modern chemistry...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.