Latest Chip Miller Stories
The often contentious debate about global warming has been absent a critical component: an accurate measurement of precisely how much carbon dioxide (CO2) is in the air, and how it is being recycled by the planet.To address the matter, NASA will embark on a new mission early next year called the Orbital Carbon Observatory (OCO). "We will uncover all kinds of patterns and cycles in carbon dioxide that people never thought existed. It'll be just like when the first ozone measurements were...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.