Latest Cholangiocarcinoma Stories
A national team of researchers led by scientists at Mayo Clinic has found that a common treatment for primary sclerosing cholangitis, a chronic liver disease, is not helpful for patients, according to a study published this month in the journal Hepatology.
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Aug. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MultiCell Technologies, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: MCET) announced today it has been granted U.S.
Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) is an uncommon chronic liver disease characterized by progressive inflammation and destruction of the bile ducts. The disease progresses slowly, usually leading to biliary cirrhosis, portal hypertension and liver failure over a 10-15 year period.
A research article to be published on August 7, 2009 in the World Journal of Gastroenterology addresses this question
Survival rate racial differences for gastrointestinal tumors are narrowing between African-Americans and whites, U.S. researchers said.
Pancreatic cancer and bile duct cancer are difficult to diagnose and often fatal because they are discovered in the advanced stages of the disease. Researchers have developed new tests that double the ability to detect bile duct and pancreatic cancers, according to a Mayo Clinic study published in the June issue of Gastroenterology.
Studies to be presented on safety and efficacy of SpyGlass System for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures throughout pancreatico-biliary system NATICK, Mass., May 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) today announced that 14 abstracts and additional clinical data analyses involving the SpyGlass(R) Direct Visualization System will be presented at Digestive Disease Week(R) (DDW), which runs from May 30 to June 4 in Chicago.
- Survey of AOSW Members Highlights Need for Resources, Education, Better Diagnostic Tools to Reduce Psychological Impact of Unknown Cancer Diagnoses - SAVANNAH, Ga., May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Cancer patients whose primary cancer type is "uncertain" or "unknown" may experience more distress than patients whose primary cancer is definitively diagnosed, according to a recent survey of 140 oncology social workers.
CALGARY, April 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Oncolytics Biotech Inc. ("Oncolytics") (TSX:ONC, NASDAQ:ONCY) today announced positive results in its U.K.
WOONSOCKET, R.I., March 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --MultiCell Technologies, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: MCET) announced today that it has entered into a cooperative research and development agreement with Maxim Biotech, Inc.
The Chinese liver fluke (Clonorchis sinensis) is a species of parasitic worm that is classified within the Platyhelminthes phylum. It can be found in Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Japan, and China and is present in nearly 30,000,000 humans today. It is thought to be one of the world’s most pervading parasites. The Chinese liver fluke requires two intermediate, or secondary, hosts and one definitive, or main, host to successfully complete its lifecycle. The first intermediate host is typically...
- One of the side scenes of the stage in a theater, or the space included between the side scenes.
- The outside stock exchange, or “curb market,” of Paris.
- A flute or groove on the blade of a sword.
- A section of stage scenery placed in a wing of a theatre.