Latest Cholera outbreaks and pandemics Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online CHOLERA The Ministry of Health of South Sudan declared a cholera outbreak in Juba on May 15, 2014 after four cases were laboratory confirmed following tests conducted by the African Medical Research Foundation in Nairobi, Kenya. The first case identified with onset of illness was on April 23. As of May 25, a total of 586 cholera cases had been reported, including 22 deaths – 13 hospital and 9 community deaths. The majority of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.