Latest Chord Stories
Liquid Notes opens harmony to producers of electronic music of all styles for the extra chills of excitement down your spine. Vienna, Austria (PRWEB) July 04, 2013 Liquid Notes is the first of a new generation of tools algorithmically supporting creativity that represents the future of music making. It turns you into an expert in harmony, which is the "unused musical weapon," according to Chilly Gonzales, one of the major collaborators to Daft Punk's latest album Random...
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online A new study has shown that those who dislike a certain style of music based on the sound of it, or the use of harmonies within, simply aren´t trying hard enough. In other words, our love of music and appreciation for harmony is a product of nurture, not nature. According to associate professor Neil McLachlan from the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, people can learn to appreciate and even love different styles...
The connection between music and mathematics has fascinated scholars for centuries.More than 200 years ago Pythagoras reportedly discovered that pleasing musical intervals could be described using simple ratios.And the so-called musica universalis or "music of the spheres" emerged in the Middle Ages as the philosophical idea that the proportions in the movements of the celestial bodies -- the sun, moon and planets -- could be viewed as a form of music, inaudible but perfectly harmonious.Now,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.