Latest Chris Todd Hittinger Stories
Scientists have found a wild species of yeast that is the ancestor of that which is used to make cold-brewing ale, according to a US study published on Monday. The yeast -- called Saccharomyces eubayanus -- was found in the deep forests of South America´s Patagonia region, living on beech trees. Scientists say the yeast was key to the invention of the crisp-tasting German beer 600 years ago. It took five years of searching before scientists discovered, identified and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.