Latest Christic Institute Stories
Attorney Daniel P. Sheehan will present a four part lecture and discussion series presented as part of a UC Santa Cruz course, Cowell 126: Eight Cases that Changed the United States. While chief counsel at the non-profit Christic Institute, Mr. Sheehan was the first to challenge the Reagan-Bush administration´s illegal covert sale of arms to Iran to fund a criminal, unconstitutional Contra war against the Sandinista government in Nicaragua. Due to his work on many civil rights cases, Mr....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.