Latest Christine Hoefkens Stories
College and university students are unlikely to alter their diets, even if nutritional information is readily available in school cafeterias, a team of researchers from Ghent University in Belgium has discovered. In their study, Christine Hoefkens, Dr. Wim Verbeke, and their colleagues surveyed 224 individuals, each of whom regularly ate at two of the school's cafeterias and logged their menu choices over the course of several days, according to a Reuters Health report on the experiment....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.