Latest Christine Huffard Stories
Researchers from University of California, Berkeley, reported Monday that octopuses have love lives far more complex than previously known, and that the animals exhibit rather sophisticated behavior such as flirting, holding hands and even displaying fits of jealousy. Octopuses are well studied in captivity, but their behavior in the wild is less understood but as the animals are shy and often nocturnal. During the new research, graduate student Christine Huffard examined the Abdopus...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.